Yoga, Colonialism and Social Justice
Is your yoga causing harm without you realising? Can you transform it and create a practice that helps actively resist race, class and other systems of oppression? Or is there a space in your activism to make anger a source of energy and joy, not burn-out, to reinforce your community-building and collective energy?
Whether you are a yoga practitioner, yoga teacher or simply interested in Social Justice, all are welcome. This half day event provides an introduction to the history and politics of modern yoga, demystifying colonialism, decolonisation, complicity, and the relationship of yoga to neoliberal capitalism.
Expect a relaxed seminar discussion, and space to share experience and ideas across disciplines.
- Acknowledgment of Country
- Chai & Introduction
- Talk 1: Diversity, Inclusion and Social Justice
- Yummy South Indian Lunch
- Talk 2: Decolonising our minds and Yoga practice
- Yoga Teachers - You will receive a Certificate of Attendance and hours for CDP.
- Prospective Open House Yoga Teacher Trainees - the event amount will be deducted
- from your course fees and this event can be used for advanced standing.
- Link in in Bio
- 10% of profits towards @indigenousliteracyfoundation.